Upskilling & Reskilling
Mereka is a talent development ecosystem inspiring, equipping, and supporting changemakers and trailblazers leading the next generation of companies, industries and economies. With the increasing importance of technology in businesses and organisations of all sizes, there is a demand for individuals who have the expertise and know-how to navigate the digital landscape.
Whether you are a developer, designer, marketer, or have skills in another field, there is a place for you in the digital economy. Start your career in the digital economy with your existing talents. Join Mereka’s free courses and gain access to an exclusive expert network, hub network and innovative training programs to unlock potential that will shape your future.
Sign up today and start learning for free:
- Skills Profiling – Finding a job that maximizes your skills could be tricking. By joining this course, learn how to formulate your future aspirations, understand your potential pathways and grow for improvements.
- Freelancing 101 – Learn the fundamentals of freelancing and start your game strong with Freelancing-101. Discover how to be your own boss, select your customers, and stay informed in the digital economy. Create your career with real-world applications.
MyDigitalWorkforce Work in Tech (MYWiT) is an initiative to incentivize employers to hire Malaysians via digital upskilling and reskilling programmes. This initiative supports companies to hire digital talent through salary and training incentives. MYWiT consists of the following programmes: Digital Business Services (DBS) and Digital Tech Apprenticeship (DTA).
The DBS programme has been customised to increase the digital literacy and skills amongst Malaysians as an attempt to curb rising unemployment level. This is done through partnerships with companies in the fast growing DBS sector ultimately promoting Malaysia as an investment destination. Meanwhile, the DTA programme offers opportunities to upskill and reskill unemployed talents for them to increase their eligibility and be equipped with the skills required to thrive in most in-demand jobs tech jobs, in areas such as data science, software development and cybersecurity.
To get more information, please visit MYWiT website
e-LATiH Empowering Learning
e-LATiH is a Malaysia’s premier learning aggregator platform which offers all Malaysians unlimited access to FREE online courses that meets the demands of various industries. It is open to all Malaysians with no minimum age limit. Let’s start learning on e-LATiH!
• Learn for free at anytime and anywhere.
• Explore diverse content in various skills area.
• Learn at your own pace, according to your own interest
• Earn e-certificate upon completion of a course
LET’S UNLOCK YOUR POTENTIAL!
With FREE unlimited learning resources available, your proactive actions today could lead you to amazing opportunities coming your way!
UNITAR International University
UNITAR International University is a leading private higher education institution in Malaysia after being established in 1997 as the first virtual university in Southeast Asia. It is the first institution in Asia to be awarded a QS 5-Star Rating for the Online Learning category. UNITAR is introducing Micro-Credential programmes through APEL where learners can use their prior-experiential learning and work experiences to gain new professional certifications.
The objective of UNITAR’s Micro-Credentials are:
To assist Malaysians with job placements for in-demand careers;
To enhance the marketability and employability of job seekers;
To provide pathways to fully accredited programmes
To find out more info, you can visit the UNITAR website
EIS Vocational Training
EIS provides vocational training with the aim of reskilling and upskilling the workforce. Insured Persons (IP) who are interested in attending training may consult Employment Service Officers (ESO) for advice. The training fee is paid directly to the training providers, while eligible training recipients may also receive a financial incentive. Vocational Training
Training Fee (TF)
* Eligible JSA recipients may be referred to attend vocational skills training after consulting their ESO.
* Training costs of up to RM4,000 will be borne by EIS.
* Training Allowance (TA).
* An incentive paid at a daily rate of RM10-20 depending on the recipient’s previous assumed salary.
* Training recipients must attend all mandated training sessions to be eligible.
To find out more info, you can visit our page.
TNB Reskilling Program
TNB Reskilling is an initiative to source and provide employment for Malaysians especially for Graduates, School Leavers and Retrenched Workers by participating in value-added relevant training courses required by the selected industries. Upon completion of the training, the applicants will be able to secure job placement in any industry requiring manpower to perform a specific job. It is compulsory for employers to hire the candidates and offer them a minimum of 1 year contract.
Our flagship courses
1. Grid Connected Photovoltaic System Installation, Operation & Maintenance
2. Smart Meter Installer
3. Power System Operation & Maintenance Electrician
4. Low Voltage Electrical Facility Maintenance
5. Medium Voltage Electrical Maintenance
6. Other Industrial based reskilling courses (i.e. Drone Technology, IT Skills, Office Administrative/ Management)
For more information, please visit our website.
UPSKILLING AND RESKILLING PROGRAMMES BY OTHER AGENCIES:
Digital Skills Training Directory
Digital Skills Training Directory provides a catalogue of courses that address in-demand digital skills. These courses have been reviewed and endorsed by a panel of digital industry experts to guide you in selecting courses that meet your career needs for the digital economy.
To find out more info, you can visit the Digital Skills Training Directory website.
Upskil.my is a local platform that provides a variety of courses to help those interested in adding new skills or improving existing skills. Upskil.my has various quality courses and training at cheaper prices than usual and shorter time periods to provide flexibility to its users.
Each course attended will equip you with the skills, inspiration, and professional relationships to make it easier for you to plan your steps to achieve your next goal. Digital learning is also available here for those who are interested in learning according to their own time period and anytime and anywhere.
To find out more info, you can visit the UPSKIL website.